This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

SURPRISE!!!!



Ok. So everyone that knows me knows that I'm not patient at all. How were we supposed to sit in a hotel in the same city as our daughter and not get to go get her???? When I called Ms. Roy this morning, she gave me the option to come today and pick Ananya up. What could I say but of course. I couldn't help it. So we hurried up and packed up our stuff and met our daughter at about 320 pm Kolkata time. Boy was I glad that I didn't listen to any of my friends and prepared for the worst. She took one look at me when they handed her to me and started screaming. The ayah actually had to take her back 3 different times before she quit screaming. Even when she's scared and mad she is beautiful. Anthony was able to calm her down a couple of times. She really likes her brother. Patrick had her for a little bit and she didn't cry until she came to me. Of course my heart broke but it was repaired within a few minutes. She stayed quiet in my arms until we went to the other orphange building. Then another ayah took her to calm her down. We were able to see all of the babies. I held a couple of them. This little girl stole our heart all over again. I am typing with her curled up in my lap fighting sleep. She refuses to eat anything and screams everytime we get anything near her mouth. In the morning I may have to be mean mommy and force water with a syringe if she won't take it.

Now lets rewind. We left Charlotte on time at 1155 Tuesday morning. Anthony got antsy in the airport because we breezed through security and had to wait for our flight. We had a 50 minute flight to Washington. Anthony had a great time. I think someone should pick me up in Washington so that I don't have to fly back. We had a 5 hour layover at Dulles. Got told the wrong gate but we were at a quiet place and I got a little rest. We had a 6 hour flight to Frankfort. Then a 4 hour layover. Not too fun. European airports don't have as many restraunts as American ones. We then took a shuttle to our flight and then flew 8 hours to Kolkata. The airport was kind of scary but we made it through. All of our luggage made it here. We had to get a taxi as well as the hotel car just because we had so many bags. Patrick rode in the taxi to the hotel. That was apparently an experience. Also at the airport, there were children begging (now this was 2 am) Patrick had a really hard time not forking over cash. We made it to the hotel in one piece. We went to sleep at about 3am. I was up at 1015 and called Ms. Roy at about 11. She asked if we wanted to come today or tomorrow and or course I couldn't wait. We quickly gathered all our things and had lunch at the hotel. We now have 4 empty suitcases and a new baby.

Anyways. This child will not quite wiggling because she is sooooo sleepy. I posted a couple of pics. Most of the good ones are one the camera that I can't download until we are home. I will post more as I have the chance. I must put my precious rotten butt to bed now.

4 comments:

Nadra said...

Amanda...

What a wonderful surprise. I'm sitting here reading your story with tears in my eyes. I'm so happy that you finally have your precious baby girl in your arms.

Try to rest when you can. Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures.

God Bless,
Nadra

angie tucker said...

Yaaahh! I was so excited to see that you already picked her up! I woke up early this morning to check your blog thinking that you would get her today...not realizing that you were supposed to get her tomorrow! What a wonderful suprise!

We are very excited for all of you! She's so precious!

God Bless,

Angie

Pam said...

Amanda,
We are so glad that you made it, and that Ananya is finally with you. I'm sorry that she is having a little bit of a rough time! We are praying for you!!!! Hang in there. Our first night with Micah was the worst! It will get better!!
She is such a beautiful girl. I know she was nervous when we saw her. I was hoping she would do better for you though.
Try to rest. Take care of yourself and your hubby and son. One day at a time. Sometimes I felt like on our trip that I could only make it an hour at a time. Be patient with yourself and Ananya. She will decide soon how wonderful it is to have a mommy finally.
Love and BIG HUGS!
Pam and Joel and Micah

Melissa said...

We are so excited to see pictures of Ananya with you!! Some day these moments of her screaming and not eating will be just a distant memory, but I know when you are going through it that it is painful. I'm sure you remember our stories of Morgan not eating and not drinking and us using a syringe to give her water. It was fine for others to tell us she would not starve herself or dehydrate herself, but a mommy and daddy's instinct (especially if one of them is a nurse!) is to get that sustenance in.

I can remember thinking that I finally got the whole Mary line from the gospels about her treasuring all these things and pondering them in her heart. These are the moments -- difficult and wonderful -- that you treasure and ponder. We are so happy for you all. Give Ananya a kiss for us and tell her Morgan is waiting to meet her.

Unfortunately, we are not going to be able to make it to the airport, but we can't wait to get together soon.

Blessings,
Melissa & Brian