This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday was a Busy Day






Saturday we had a very nice day. We met our friends from Dillon at the hotel. It was nice to finally put a face with the voices. They got their children later in the afternoon. We got to spend alittle time with them beforehand. We went sightseeing a little as well. We saw Victoria Memorial, dancing monkeys and the Planetarium. Victoria Memorial is beautiful. Cameras are not allowed inside. The carvings and design is just amazing. They have a lot of paintings and things on display as well. There are sections of the exhibit that show the history of Kolkata. Patrick and Anthony looked through a lot of the pictures. We walked around the grounds for more than 30 minutes. The gardens are gorgeous. There were a lot of couples sitting under trees talking. Before we went in there was a guy with dancing monkeys. I’ve post a picture but it was much more fun in person. The man started singing and the monkeys danced. One of them did a flip. Anthony was very amused. **BTW-This is why I told Anthony not to pet the monkeys in India**. We tried to go to St. Pauls but it was closed at that time. We went to the Planetarium. We made it just as the English show was starting. Anthony and Patrick loved it. Ananya didn’t like the dark at all. She was just starting to get sleepy. She took a short nap. We then went back to the hotel. We had lunch. We had most of the waiters at our table. One in particular, a nice man named Philip, paid much attention to both of the kids. He and Patrick talked as well. He even gave Patrick his address to keep in touch. After lunch, we caved and let Anthony go swimming. I think the water was alittle cold because he didn’t stay in for more than a few minutes. Ananya seemed to like just being outside playing. She paid lots of attention to what her brother was doing as well as the other boys in the pool. I had Ananya’s shoes off and I dunked her feet in the pool. She acted a little scared, but started smiling as soon as I held her close. Once upstairs, I couldn’t stand the suspense anymore and went down the hall to see if Grace was back yet. Jadyn is just a beauty. She was sleeping at the time. We had to go back to New Market to pick up an outfit that Patrick had ordered. By the time we got there it was getting dark. It was even more crowded than it was Friday. When we got close to the shop, people kept pointing us to the right shop. I guess an American family with an Indian baby attracts a lot of attention. We went to a few other shops while there and I got Ananya a few outfits. (Patrick finally realized just how far you could haggle them down and so we got good prices this time.) Anthony ended up with another Indian shirt. I still didn’t get anything, but we can look in Delhi as well. There as one little girl that sort of got to me. She was about Anthony’s age and just started following me. I didn’t have any candy on me at the time. She just chatted with me and told me how pretty Ananya was. She asked her name and told me her name was Puja. I just wanted to make the world perfect just for her. She was the most beautiful little girl. Before we left Patrick had Anthony give her a little money (we were already in the car so we wouldn’t get mobbed). All in all it was a good day. I think it may have been alittle much for Ananya at the end but all is well now as everyone is resting.

No comments: