This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Checking In






Wanted to let every one know that we are all still doing well. We had Embassy day today and go to get "THE PACKET" (the visa packet to those who havent been here) tomorrow. We will be all finished tomorrow morning but our flight leaves on Friday. We will try to relax a little and see some sights. Maybe do a little more shopping. We made it to Delhi on Monday night and checked into the hotel at a little after 8pm. Ananya had a great first plane ride and slept most of the 2 hour flight. Mommy however isn't faring so well. I got sick during take off, took dramamine but I knew what I really needed was food. Luckily the angels at Jet Airways serve a meal on a 2 hour flight. I got to eat after Ananya fell asleep. I felt much better and slept through the flight. Anthony has discovered a couple more times that he doesn't truely like Indian food. Mom has a bit of an upset stomach (just heartburn) from all the spices. Our hotel actually serves hamburgers and they have pasta and fried rice. We will survive. There was also an Indian wedding going on when we checked in and Patrick got to see how beautiful Indian brides are. Today was a really busy day and my lack of sleep caught up with me. Once I saw a familar face at the Embassy, I started crying. Poor Anila and Lenin were trying to reassure me that they knew it was hard but it was almost over. I just knew I had forgotten a piece of paper. Luckily after Visa photos (too cute ones to be exact) and a quick doctor visit, I found that we got our exit interview without any problem. Our packet will be ready by 9 am. We had a lovely dinner with our friends Grace and Shane at their hotel. I had to coax my guys out of their hotel room (they are staying at the Sheraton). We got some pictures of the girls together. We are back at the hotel and I'm going to take a quick shower and crash. The trip has been tiring and even though Ananya only weighs 15 pounds or (slightly less), she is very tiring 24 hours a day. I love her to death but the girl has a temper. One minute she is fine the next she is screaming her head off because she wants to eat now even if the formula is too hot. She doesn't drink out of a bottle or sippy cup so I have to use a spoon or give her drinks straight from the cup. I believe I included a picture of her milk beard. HEHEHEHE!!! Fun adventures of today: I washed my clothes in the sink (they are taking forever to dry) and we saw about 30 monkeys on the side of the road this evening (our driver said it was some Monkey holiday, something about a Hindu god). Well I must go so Anthony can get back on the internet. I will post more tommorrow. Love everyone and will talk to you all soon. P.S. India is really beautiful. Sometimes even the really dirty and dingy things are just amazing.

1 comment:

Nadra said...

Amanda,

You guys are in the home stretch. It won't be long now until you're back home and settled in as a family.

Thanks for all of the posts and updates. I'm truly enjoying your blog.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

BTW....you seem to be the one taking all of the pics. Mom needs to be in a few too :)

Enjoy your last few days in India.

Nadra