This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Day 2 :o) It keeps getting better!





I never thought it could be true but today was better than yesterday. Once Ananya finally got to sleep, I laid down with her. I didn't sleep soundly though because I woke everytime she moved. Breakfast wasn't one of my greatest moments. I wasn't so concerned with eating because I couldn't get much down her. She had a little porridge. A little juice. I've kept at the water today. I've given her alot through a medicine syringe. As you can see we finally had success with lunch. She threw a fit anytime I didn't get the food in fast enough. Dinner wasn't the greatest though. I ended up slowly pouring it into her mouth from the bottle with the nipple off of it. She did however take some small pieces of solid food from our dinner plates. We went shopping today. I got her to go to sleep for a while at the shops. She is such a strong girl, and sooo strong willed. Tonight she went to sleep rather easily. We are all still doing well. I admit though I would like to be home soon. I want normal grocery stores so I have lots of options as to what to feed her. I definitely don't want to have to worry about Anthony getting sick. I do realize though that we need to experience this so that we can tell her about it. Its been a great trip. Tomorrow we may get the chance to see 2 other families from our agency. They both pick up their children tomorrow. Hopefully we can all have alittle time together. Well I'm going to go for now. I'll continue to keep everyone updated.

3 comments:

Nadra said...

Amanda,

I've been thinking about you so much since I read your post from yesterday. It sounds like things are going much, much better. I love the new pictures. She looks so good. The one of Ananya and Anthony is precious. You'll be home before you know it.

Take care of yourself and try to get some rest.

Blessings,
Nadra

Kristi W. said...

Ananya looks SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! All the pics are so adorable, especially the bro and sis picture. Keep them coming!!!! And we want to see some of Mama and Ananya together too!!!! I'm glad you are making the most of your trip, hopefully you'll get to see Grace and Anila tomorrow and reunite the kids. Can't wait to see your next post! :)

Love ya and praying for ya,
Kristi

Melissa said...

Congrats Amanda, Ananyas life is going to change so much now, a whole loving family all for her. I am so happy that your wait is finally over and now you just get to enjoy being together. Remember to get some rest when you can, you are a new mommy again! Melissa K from forum, waiting for Anela (Purnima)