This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Monday, December 10, 2007

What a Difference a Years Makes

As I decorate for Christmas and shop for presents and think about my holiday baking, I can't help but to think about this time last year. I can't believe its been a whole year, but boy am I glad that journey is over.
I'm so glad that Ananya is celebrating Christmas with us. I hurt last year and now its gone. This year we are waiting for our handsome Indian Prince. He'll be missed but I don't think its time for him to come home. God will take care of it. In the meantime, I have Ananya and Anthony and even Patrick keeping me quite busy. I love it. I have so much to be thankful for. What a difference the last year has made in my life.
I want to speak about some people I'm thankful have come into my life.
All the people at Dillon are wonderful. Tami and Jynger have been so much help and made sure we got new pictures and updates. Adrienne and Agni were a God-send when it came time to travel. I could never have arranged a better trip.
I can't forget all the new friends I've made. Kristi, I'm so glad I could moan and cry to you while we waited. Grace and Anila, we were so glad to meet you in India. Pam, I'm so glad I've meet you and can wait to randomly drive to Kentucky just because (its only a 5 hour trip). All the other India moms, thanks for sharing your trips. To all my SN forum friends, I am so glad to have you guys. You know how I feel and often times speak it before I can. I love all of you.
The other day, it dawned on me who is missing on this list. The Ayahs that took care of my daughter for 2 years and continue to care for my son. I could never thank them enough. I know they all loved Ananya. I wasn't the only one crying on Gotcha Day. They lead us through the orphanage and showed us all the babies. It was a great day that I finally got to see my daughter's home. I love each and every one of these women. I don't know what would be of my children without them. Caring for so many children only to send them to families can not be an easy job. I hope they know that each child that leaves is coming to a loving home and thrives. I want to take them a special gift when I return to India. I want to put together a scrapbook with as many childrens pictures as possible so the Ayahs can see what "their" babies have grown into. I pray God blesses each of these women daily for the work that they do.
I'm thankful to care for my family every day, even on the ones when I feel like they have run me ragged. God gives me strength. And I love them so much.
What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Ann said...

Amanda!! I was just catching up on blog reading and saw that thing worked out with adopting Prasun. I am SO truly happy for you and that little guy. He's so precious. Definitely keep us posted. What an amazing family he is joining.

Hope the rest of the process goes super smooth.