This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

New Taste Thursdays

***Editted--Anybody notice that I wrote this post yesterday (Wednesday). I've been way too busy. LOL***
I'm going to start something new here. I think I'll post a new recipe to share with you guys on Thurdays. Everyone can always use a new recipe.

Todays Recipe is Cheesy Broccoli Soup
1 T butter
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large bunch broccoli
1 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
6 cups chicken stock
1 1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Melt butter in a 4-6 quart soup pot. saute onion until soft. Cut broccoli into flowerets and thinly slice tender upper parts of stems. Add to pot along with potatoes and chicken stock. Cover and simmer until potatoes and broccoli are tender.

Puree mixture in batches in blender (or use and immersion blender if you didn't give it away when you were getting rid of all your junk). Return to pot and stir in milk, parmesan and salt and pepper. Heat gently for a few minutes.

This recipe courtesy of Leanne at Savingdinner.com

This is a great soup for cold nights and Anthony and Ananya both love it.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi there! I am just trying to get the word out that I am designing blogs for a good cause. It costs $20 and part goes to Real Hope for Haiti and part goes to funding my humanitarian aid trip to the Dominican Republic. Please check out my blog at http://madebynikki.blogspot.com if you are interested!
Thanks,
Nikki