This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Wonderful Weekend :o)





















We had a great weekend as we celebrated Anthony's birthday on Friday night. We started the day with a pizza party at school for his class. He had 2 very special guests at his party. His Papaw and Grammy (great-grandmother) made the trip all the way from Pennsylvania to celebrate with us. Anthony had 9 guests at his party and boy did they have a ball. They got lots of tickets, played laser tag 4 times, rode bumper cars, played putt-putt golf and generally ran wild. I was kind of upset (not really) because no one ate any of my cake that I spend 2 hours icing. They just wanted to play. Oh well. Anthony got some cool presents and just generally got to have lots of fun with his friends.
Ananya enjoyed the company too. She got to meet all her brothers classmates. They all just love to talk to her. She got to meet her Grammy and Papaw for the first time. She really likes them. She didn't want Mommy to take her back from her Papaw (we were all shocked). She let some of the parents at the party hold her too. She is doing so well. We had a weekend full of new skills. She started waving some. She will open both of her hands when Grammy asks her and sometimes when Mommy or Daddy ask. She likes to put her arms over her head now too. She wants to crawl so bad. She will move 1 hand and 1 leg and then think real hard about what is next. Then she sits up and looks at what she wants trying to figure out how to get to it. She got a birthday gift from her Papaw too. We found a great wagon at Northern tool that has big wheels that will go good at the beach. She likes to ride in it. Her bumbo seat fits snuggly in it so that she is stable and safely sitting up. We were all sad when Grammy and Papaw had to leave for home this morning. Hopefully we will see them soon. To all our fans in PA, we will definitely be home for Thanksgiving this year. Ananya can meet everyone then.
We continue to have daily struggles with Ananya. Her mood can flip rather quickly and she can't tell us what she needs. She hasn't eaten as well in the last few days as she has since we got home. I'm not sure what is wrong but I'm going to have to include snacks in the schedule now. She was eating so well before that she really didn't have room for food between meals. The nutritionists wants her to have about 1200 calories a day! I may start to monitor her calories for a couple days to see if I'm getting close with her eating less. I'm trying not to stress too much about it. We meet with the therapists this week to get started. I'm hoping to start speech soon because I really need her to start chewing her food.
She is such a doll to have around. I love her so much. I've been blessed with this wonderful family. My children are great. They love each other so much. My husband is a patient and wonderful father. I have loved spending my days and nights home with them. I am going back to work on Friday night. I know they will get along without me (they always have) but I'm a mom and need to feel needed.
I'm following the adoption journeys of others from our agency through their blogs. Several of the families that traveled in 2006 to meet their children are starting the journey again. I'm jealous of them. As much as having Ananya has filled our house and our hearts, it shows me there is room for more. I so want my house full (with this house it won't take much more). I want to watch a big family grow older. This is probably a surprise to my dad who is no doubt reading this. We are both only children. Only God knows what is in store for my family. I can only pray for his blessings and follow his guidance to my children.
Have a wonderful Easter everyone. Don't forget to thank God for all He has blessed you with as we remember what He sacrificed for us.
Happy Belated Birthday to Prasun!! This Indian Angel turned 2 on Friday! I was thinking of you baby!

1 comment:

Nadra said...

Happy Belated Birthday Anthony!!! It sounds like it was a GREAT weekend.

Amanada...Ananya sounds like she is doing well. I know it's hard when you're getting ready to go back to work. I stressed for over a week just thinking about it. My prayers will be with all of you.

I'm an only child too and I too love the thoughts of a big family. That's why we're starting for number 2.

Have a blessed Easter.

Love,
Nadra