This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Monday, April 09, 2007

The Kind of Person I Want To Be

Please click this link to watch this video. You have to see it to understand what I'm saying. http://cjcphoto.com/can/

I love the story that is told. I have heard this story from several sources. The video is amazing. Now my opinion.

I want to be like this man. I want to be able to give my children joy, even if it is difficult for me. Now I don't know how many of you have ever run. I work with people who run, bike and do triathlons. It is not easy. The pain and physical scars involved in running a marathon is incredible. I can only imagine how much pain this man went through to push his child for 26.2 miles, not to mention the triathlons.
I want to be the kind of person who will do anything for someone else. I want to give my children joy, but I want to be able to make sacrifices that are extremely difficult to make other people (even those who aren't family) happy. I can only pray and ask God to give me the strength and peace to sacrifice for others. I can only ask for stength and guidance for God. I'm human and not always strong enough to sacrifice what I want.
I have included the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by my FAVORITE band, Nickleback. The song describes how I have started to feel since starting this journey of growing our family. I know God has shown me others needs and given me the strength to help. I am not perfect. I can only try to be strong and pray.
If Everyone Cared
From underneath the trees, we watch the sky
Confusing stars for satellites
I never dreamed that you'd be mine
But here we are, we're here tonight
Singing Amen, I, I'm alive Singing Amen, I, I'm alive
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died
And I'm singingAmen I, Amen I, I'm alive
Amen I, Amen I, Amen I, I'm alive
And in the air the fireflies
Our only light in paradise
We'll show the world they were wrong
And teach them all to sing along
Singing Amen, I, I'm alive Singing Amen, I, I'm alive(I'm alive)
And as we lie beneath the stars
We realize how small we are
If they could love like you and me
Imagine what the world could be
If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died

1 comment:

Lorie said...

Amanda,
You don't know me, but I am Pam's mom...Micah's grammie. Anyway, I've been following your blog, your journey to Ananya...and I wanted to reply to your latest post. The very fact that you decided to adopt makes you a wonderful person/parent!!:) Your little Ananya is so beautiful!! She looked so sad in most of her pictures, I was so happy the other day when I looked at your blog, and saw her smiling from ear to ear sitting in her wagon!!! That one picture of her tells me that you are indeed a wonderful person, and an awesome mom!!! She has brought sunshine into your life...but you have brought meaning into hers. May God continue to bless your precious family. Keep up the great work!!
Love and prayers, Lorie Hawk aka Micah's grammie