This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Helping Others

I've written about this before. I feel the need to write about it again.
Helping others and Charity work.
This is a subject that really never leaves my thoughts. I can't seem to stop thinking of starving children in Africa, children in orphanages all over the world, and poverty in general. Its a huge need. I know that I can't fix all the world's problems. I feel the need to try and make a difference though. I feel like if I put it out there enough with my words then others will see it and try to help. I want my children to see it and not forget it. I want to live my life realizing that there are things that I can do without so I can give. I don't want to leave this world leaving behind alot of wealth. It would be a nice thought for my children. I want them to learn to work for their money. I want them to also remember to give.
Sunday, I got to see Nickleback again. Their songs pepper certain adoption blogs, including mine. If Everyone Cared and Faraway speak inadvertently about the lives and thoughts of adoptive parents. After visiting developing or 3rd world countries, its hard to not remember that other people need basic things so badly. I read a post on another blog that sparked my interest in this subject. Here is the link.
http://justinmasterson.blogspot.com/2007/08/for-my-100th-post-id-like-to-offer-you.html
After reading it, I want to put drops in the bucket. I can't solve huge problems alone. I can, however, remind my friends and family that they should add their drops of water. It doesn't matter what bucket it goes into. Pick a cause and stand for it. Quiet your mind and listen to what God is saying to you. Find an obsession and try to get others to help. I don't care if its the Girl Scouts. Be an organ donor. Convince your family to donate their organs. Donate cord blood if you have a baby. Give blood. There are a million things a person can do that will have an impact on someone.
Open your eyes to the world around you. Make a difference.

No comments: