This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Things Adoption Has Taught Me

  • Your joy can be thousands of miles away. A HUGE chunk of my heart is in India and I can feel it. Sometimes I know that I smile alot less. The wait has been so hard. Especially the last few months.
  • There are so many small joys in the world. Like staring at a picture for hours on end. By the excitement of opening an email titled update. The joy of knowing the name of the woman who gave you the greatest gift ever, your child. (BTW, Ananya's has a new name, Ananya Sophia Rina)
  • Lots of stuff will fit into 1 fed ex envelope. No, really. You wouldn't believe the things you can stuff in those suckers.
  • Traveling to another country makes me very anxious. I am anticipating the trip so much. I just am afraid we are going to get lost getting her visa or in immigration. Lots of small details.
  • You can meet new and wonderful friends everywhere. I have become so close to so many other people through the journey. We now are going to Alaska eventually because we have good friends there.
  • CHILDREN ARE A GIFT FROM GOD. Need I say more??
  • Fedex envelopes really do hold alot.

Hoping we travel soon. I think it may be as few as 3 weeks now.

1 comment:

Kristi W. said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait for you to go get your beautiful little baby girl! Finally! I'm praying that the passport gets issued in record time.

Kristi