This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February 15, 2008

Today is a day of celebration. We have been a family of 4 for a year now. It has been an amazing year. I can't even describe the ways my life has changed. If given the choice I would repeat it, as is. I am thankful and truly blessed by God to have this daughter. I am overjoyed that God opened my heart and my eyes to adoption. I don't see why everyone doesn't get to adopt.
I started out 2007 desperate and depressed. I was just learning about faith and dependence on God. I had never had to lean so heavily on God and tell him, "I'm giving you control of my life. I'll follow your will." It came out more like "Fine. I won't have my daughter until You say so. Fine. Just hurry up already." I hope that I sound less like a pouting 3 year old and way more grateful today.
One year ago today, I met an angel. She has saved so many parts of our family. What was good a year ago is better now. I see a new side of Patrick, and Anthony. I know there is a new side of me. I'm becoming the person that I want to be.
I can't even remember the sorrow of waiting. Its all gone now. Even starting another adoption, the emotions surprise me. I've forgotten the sadness. Guess all you need to forget is a loud 2 year old that loves to tear paper into little pieces.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Ananya--You have a great family supporting you and I can tell they love you so much! Congrats on your 1st GOTCHA DAY!!!

Cindy, Darrell, Emy & Luke O.

Amy said...

Thanks for sharing!

amyjo_99@hotmail.com

Peter and Nancy said...

Happy 1-year anniversary together!! It won't be long now before you have another brother to love, Ananya! Blessings to you all,
Nancy