This Site is Rarely Updated.

This is the story of our first adoption. Feel free to read then visit our other sites.
Click on the pictures to go to our different sites.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Wonderful Days


My life is full of wonderful days. I have a handsome son, and gorgeous daughter, and a great husband. I have great parents and wonderful friends. Over the last couple of days, I've done alittle crying because of this.

My daughter blows kisses to me because she is looking at me. She reaches for me when I'm vaccuming her rug. She reached up for me.

All of this sounds like normal behavior for a 2 year old. Well, its not that easy when you adopt a child who is 2. Sometimes they don't know to do these things. It takes time to learn. Learn that Mommy loves you unconditionally. That Daddy loves you. That seeing you smile will melt someones heart.

In the morning, I get snuggles. Ananya is just waking up (because I turned the light on) and when I hold her she cuddles next to me. Hugs at any other time aren't as easy to come by. My baby doesn't really know how to hug. She has learned though that Mommy, Daddy, and even brother will give her an unlimited supply of kisses when she wants them.

She laughs when I say "I love you". I yearn for the day when she will say "I love you Mommy". It will come with time. But that day will melt my heart all over again.

Some days I know my strength and energy will have to come from God because I'm tired. Other days, I praise God for blessing me with such wonderful children. I have a son who is in awe of his sister as much as Patrick and I are. Who is patient and friendly with everyone that he meets. I have a daughter who fights everyday to learn new things. Who amazes everyone regularly with the new things she learns.

For Mothers Day I was just greatful for my children. Without them I wouldn't celebrate. It wasn't about me but them. They are the greatest wonder. I can only hope and pray that God will bless me with more children. To be their mother, it is and will be the greatest thing I can ever accomplish.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Beautiful post Amanda.

Leveta said...

Amanda:
Your children are so beauiful! I agree with Pam, your post was beautiful too. It is so neat to see how much Ananya is growing and changing.
Leveta

Jo said...

What a beautiful family you have!

Jo said...

And THANK you for the comment you left on mine! I really do need to add a section linking to other "India adoption" blogs. I remember when we first started the process there were just none out there. It was great to fall onto your blog and see your photos and your story. I really do look forward to staying in touch!

*Hugs*
Jo